Like many companies, PocketBook uses cookie technology to enhance your user experience, for analytics and marketing purposes that are to show you relevant offers, tailored the best to your interests while running this website and third parties websites. PocketBook respects your privacy rights, thus we kindly ask you to take a moment to enjoy Managing Cookie Preferences Please take a note that strictly necessary cookies are always enabled. If you are happy with the use of all cookie files, just click Ok in this pop-up. To learn more about cookie technology, its benefits and how Pocketbook use it, please go to our Cookie Notice
You can change your cookie settings at any time, using your cookie settings. You can use this page through your account. For more information about cookies and how we use them, please see our cookie notice.
Introduction to Ore-Forming Processes is the first seniorundergraduate - postgraduate textbook to focus specificallyon the multiplicity of geological processes that result in theformation of mineral deposits.
* * Opens with an overview of magmatic ore-forming processes
* Moves systematically through hydrothermal and sedimentarymetallogenic environments, covering as it does the entire gamut ofmineral deposit types, including the fossil fuels and supergeneores
* The final chapter relates metallogeny to global tectonics byexamining the distribution of mineral deposits in space andtime
* Boxed examples of world famous ore deposits are featuredthroughout providing context and relevance to the process-orienteddescriptions of ore genesis
* Brings the discipline of economic geology back into the realmof conventional mainstream earth science by emphasizing the factthat mineral deposits are simply one of the many natural wonders ofgeological process and evolution.
Artwork from the book is available to instructors atwww.blackwellpublishing.com/robb.