Get the book and get into medical school. Sound simple? Well, it isn’t. But Get into UK Medical School For Dummies contains the information you need to get ahead of the competition and give yourself the best possible shot at success. Doctors Chris Chopdar and Neel Burton guide you through the entire process from deciding whether a career in medicine is right for you to sitting for interviews. Along the way, they provide the proven advice and coaching that has resulted in hundreds of acceptance letters on topic such as:
- Why choose medicine (and why you may decide not to)
- Long term planning — The A-levels, extracurricular activities, volunteer opportunities, and work experience that can make you a more attractive candidate; and what to do if you’re lacking in these categories
- Personal statement — Plenty of insight and examples to help you create a winning and — truly personal — personal statement
- Research — Put together a plan that ensures you find a university that’s right for you
- Test preparation — An overview of the UKCAT and BMAT, preparation strategies, and sample questions
- The interview — Common questions, how to tackle them, and the importance of body language
- The decision — Tips on choosing between multiple offers!