Like many companies, PocketBook uses cookie technology to enhance your user experience, for analytics and marketing purposes that are to show you relevant offers, tailored the best to your interests while running this website and third parties websites. PocketBook respects your privacy rights, thus we kindly ask you to take a moment to enjoy Managing Cookie Preferences Please take a note that strictly necessary cookies are always enabled. If you are happy with the use of all cookie files, just click Ok in this pop-up. To learn more about cookie technology, its benefits and how Pocketbook use it, please go to our Cookie Notice
You can change your cookie settings at any time, using your cookie settings. You can use this page through your account. For more information about cookies and how we use them, please see our cookie notice.
The only book on the market that provides current, necessary, and comprehensive technical knowledge of extruded cables and high-voltage direct-current transmission
This is the first book to fully address the technical aspects of high-voltage direct-current (HVDC) link projects with extruded cables. It covers design and engineering techniques for cable lines, insulation materials, and accessories, as well as cable performance and life span and reliability issues.
Beginning with a discussion on the fundamentals of HVDC cable transmission theory, Extruded Cables for High-Voltage Direct-Current Transmission: Advances in Research and Development covers:
* Both the cable and the accessories (joints and terminations), each of which affects cable line performance
* The basic designs of HVDC cables--including a comparison of mass insulated non-draining cables with extruded HVDC cables
* The theoretical elements on which the design of HVDC cables is based--highlighting the differences between HVAC and HVDC cables
* Space charge-related problems that have a critical impact on extruded insulation for HVDC application
* Recent advances in extruded compounds for HVDC cables such as additives and nano-fillers
* The improved design of extruded HVDC cable systems--with emphasis on design aspects relevant to accessories
* Cable line reliability problems and the impact on cable system design
Including more than 200 illustrations, Extruded Cables for High-Voltage Direct-Current Transmission fills a gap in the field, providing power cable engineers with complete, up-to-date guidance on HVDC cable lines with extruded insulation.
Book series:IEEE Press Series on Power Engineering