This fourth edition of Sir John Hale’s classic history of England and the Italian Renaissance
includes a detailed introduction by Edward Chaney surveying scholarly developments since the book was first published.
- Fourth edition of Sir John Hale’s classic history of England and the Italian Renaissance, first published in 1954.
- The book’s focus on fundamental issues and basis in little-read primary sources ensures that it endures as an important contribution to historical scholarship. Clear, chronological narrative, beautifully written.
- Provides essential understanding of the period, illuminating both British and Italian cultural history.
- The fourth edition includes a new introduction by Edward Chaney who is an expert on Anglo-Italian cultural relations.
- Chaney surveys the scholarship of the last 50 years and supplies an up-to-date bibliography.