Like many companies, PocketBook uses cookie technology to enhance your user experience, for analytics and marketing purposes that are to show you relevant offers, tailored the best to your interests while running this website and third parties websites. PocketBook respects your privacy rights, thus we kindly ask you to take a moment to enjoy Managing Cookie Preferences Please take a note that strictly necessary cookies are always enabled. If you are happy with the use of all cookie files, just click Ok in this pop-up. To learn more about cookie technology, its benefits and how Pocketbook use it, please go to our Cookie Notice
You can change your cookie settings at any time, using your cookie settings. You can use this page through your account. For more information about cookies and how we use them, please see our cookie notice.
Liability for the design of a building or structure is offundamental concern to construction professionals, design-buildcontractors, specialist sub-contractors, and lawyers. Althoughother texts cover a wide range of aspects of liability, onlyCornes and Lupton's Design Liability in Constructiondraws together all those matters that relate specifically todesign.
A number of factors have come together recently and areaddressed in this significant update and rewrite of the 4thedition, including:
* popularity of design & build procurement
* partnering arrangements and early contractor involvement
* new standard forms of construction contract and appointment,and revisions to older forms
* technical innovations in construction
* collaborative working and BIM systems
* many well-publicised cases regarding design failures
* significant developments in the law of tort and professionalliability
* the development of the single European market and increasedprovision of services overseas
Together these factors create a new range of design liabilityissues which the construction professional has to face. Written forlawyers, architects, engineers, and contractors, the fifth editionof Design Liability in Construction will also serve as auseful text for masters level courses in engineering, surveying andconstruction law.